'O' Gauge Blisworth
The Stratford-Upon-Avon and
Midland Junction Railways
mainline ran from Stratford- upon-
Avon to Blisworth, where it had its own station
(opened 1866) adjacent to the LNWR station. The
company operated some 75 miles of track through
sparsely populated countryside from Broom
Junction in the west and Olney in the east.
Passenger service was withdrawn in 1952 and goods
In 1853 the station was
rebuilt 880 yds to the north, closer to the
junction to facilitate changing trains. The
station closed on 4 January 1960, and was
demolished soon after.
Tube Link >>>